Skip to main content

Otaku can be millionaires!

All young Otaku can become millionaires?! Sure.

Hey, I’m Hickory from the ComfyMillionaire.com and I want to tell you something that hits close to home.

Otaku are oddly positioned to become millionaires thanks to our social behaviors, but we have to harness it.

Take me for an example. I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Attention Deficit Disorder, issues with social environments etc. I’m an Otaku who later crawled out of my shell and exploded with possibilities. I have a business, buy houses with cash, and like to invest in the stock market.

Enough about me, how about you and you becoming a millionaire? Let’s cut to the chase.

If you are a young Otaku you can do this or at least start creating a plan to do this. If you are in the United States you have to check your local state laws because you have to be either 18 or 21.
Begin planning to save money. Due to our general difficulty to socialize at times and our sixth sense to be awkward, we Otaku generally save money from doing a lot of social things in public but only to redirect it toward our love and obsessions.

My friend has been figure collecting for about 20 years and has a room in his house dedicated to it. You look at one figure and it can cost $80 or $150.
Another friend buys “Day One” game collectibles along with a couple hundred POP figures and D&D stuff.
I used to collect retro games and consoles. One of my games was Dragon Ball GT: Final Bout for the Playstation, it was in English and overlooked when it had a limited original run in the USA. I got it from a Toys R Us in the 90’s. It’s around $200 to $300 on ebay right now. If you play it, it’s worth $5… not fun at all.

So, I hope those examples help illustrate that we Otaku spend money on the things we love. What I’m asking you to do is hold off buying. I’m not asking you to stop. If you can instead buy a couple less figures each month, three less fully priced video games, or swear off of “Day One” editions for 6 to 8 months then you can be saving more money.

The target figure you are looking for is around $300 per month. It can sound hefty at first, but if you budget and have a job you can reach this. The sooner you start the better. The sooner you start the more chances you can recover if something bad happens along the way.
$300/month starting at 21 years old and retiring at 67 at the average interest rate of the stock market’s 7% is $1,181,607.

How do you get there and get the 7% when everyone says the stock market goes up and down like a roller coaster? This is one of the reasons I started ComfyMillionaire.com
The information I share isn’t a secret. People just get bored talking about it or see that $300 per month figure and say, “Yeah, no thanks.”

Which do you want? Do you want that anime figure, game, or collectible now even though you know you will feel the exact same way when Kotobukiya or Aniplex release another figure next month? Or… Do you want to have a million dollars at retirement so you don’t have to ask family for help with everyday expenses. Even if you want work or draw or do other things in your 60’s you may not be able to due to things like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis?

There are thousands of companies to invest in, but that can be risky. What if that company goes down or out of business? What if the CEO does something bad and no one wants to be associated with it?
Then you choose Mutual Funds. But mutual funds sometimes have extra fees (high expense ratios and loaded funds) and some require to invest at least $5,000 or $10,000 before starting and that is next to impossible if you are young, getting started, and not sure what you are doing.
I do all the above, but I’m more interested in something called an ETF (Exchange Traded Fund). It can be traded like a single stock, don’t need a lot of money to start, and the expense ratio is generally less.


That was a lot of information, but you still don’t know what to invest in.
I want to direct you to my site for more information in the future, but also get you to start looking up these keywords like “ETF,” “Expense Ratio,” “Compound Interest,” and “Actuarial Tables.”
Start your journey looking for “Stock Market Index Funds” with “Vanguard.” I’m not affiliated with them in anyway. I find them to be some of the best for people to get into and don’t take my word for it. Look around and see what others are thinking.


Also, don’t limit yourself to $300 per month. You can do what I’ve done and invest more, start side hustles, businesses, and get rid of debt. You don’t have to wait till 67 to retire. You can still go overseas on annual or biannual pilgrimages to Akihabara, Tokyo. Maybe we will run into each other.


Thanks for reading,
-Hickory from ComfyMillionaire.com

Comments